The Nationals WA are fighting hard for regional families, businesses and communities.
While more than $4.1 billion of WA taxpayers money will be thrown at Metronet over the next four years, Royalties for Regions funding has been slashed to less than $1 billion per year, and is being eaten up by Water Corporation and TAFE subsidies, school buses, and remote essential services which should be funded through ordinary government spending.
Labor has also been:
- Underspending on Royalties for Regions to divert funding to Perth projects
- Underfunding health positions in regional WA
- Refusing to release the funding for the Busselton-Margaret River Airport
- Putting jobs at risk in the Wheatbelt
- Making deceptive claims about funding for agriculture
- Refusing to protect farmers from animal activists
- And they don’t know where the Emergency Services budget is being spent
The Nationals believe regional WA deserves better.